[OpenStack-DefCore] [interop] Looking for participants in the Interop Challenge for Barcelona

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Wed Sep 21 00:24:40 UTC 2016

On 09/19/2016 12:51 PM, Shamail Tahir wrote:
> I agree, the ideal result would be to run these playbooks without
> modification on multiple clouds but that probably isn't realistic.  The
> team is encouraging people to modify the scripts (if/when needed) but to
> document what needed to change so that we can eventually have a list of
> topics that can be discussed and we can build next steps around.  I
> guess the goal, in my opinion, for this initial iteration of the
> challenge would be to run the same workload with the least amount of
> modifications as possible and document areas that caused deviation.
> This might also help identify/define the "knobs" as Anne mentioned in
> her response.

>From my side, the first nob I noticed is the lack of private network for
a normal customer. By using public on both public_network and
private_network and another couple of hacks I completed a run of the
LAMP ansible on DreamHost. I didn't change any of the security groups,
so I'm not sure the servers are 'safe' this way but ... hey, here it is:

http://208.113.133.137/

I'll send a patch with the vars/dreamhost.yml file to osops-contrib,
once we change the default username for the Ubuntu images (so we don't
have to modify the 'ubuntu' username on site.yml.

Cheers,
stef