[OpenStack-DefCore] Definition of core

Gema Gomez gema.gomez-solano at linaro.org
Fri Oct 28 13:15:19 UTC 2016

Hi all,

at the contributors meetup for QA we have been discussing about whether
to keep the heat tests that are meant to be for interoperability in
tempest tree or not. An interesting discussion arised from that.

We are having a discussion (with gmann and oomichi) about whether heat
could be considered core project or not (if it was core, there would be
no problem). They have shared this post with us as the definition they
are using of "core project" they are using:
https://dague.net/2014/08/26/openstack-as-layers/

Can someone clarify whether this definition is still valid or whether we
don't use it anymore? Is there any more up to date definition? Any
comment or clarification welcome.

Cheers,
Gema

--