[OpenStack-DefCore] Definition of core

Ken'ichi Ohmichi ken1ohmichi at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 21:23:53 UTC 2016

> Excerpts from Gema Gomez's message of 2016-10-28 15:15:19 +0200:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> at the contributors meetup for QA we have been discussing about whether
>> to keep the heat tests that are meant to be for interoperability in
>> tempest tree or not. An interesting discussion arised from that.
>>
>> We are having a discussion (with gmann and oomichi) about whether heat
>> could be considered core project or not (if it was core, there would be
>> no problem). They have shared this post with us as the definition they
>> are using of "core project" they are using:
>> https://dague.net/2014/08/26/openstack-as-layers/
>>
>> Can someone clarify whether this definition is still valid or whether we
>> don't use it anymore? Is there any more up to date definition? Any
>> comment or clarification welcome.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Gema
>>

> The TC has specified that tests related to DefCore capabilities should
> be located in the tempest tree [1]. Before those tests are used by
> DefCore, they can be located in the project tree or a separate tempest
> plugin tree. When DefCore identifies them as related to a capability it
> is interested in including in its specification, the tests should be
> moved to Tempest.

Yes, I agree with Doug here.
Then we (QA team) are proposing the separate repo[1] of tempest-plugin
tests for verifying different versions of OpenStack APIs with the same
tests from the interoperability POV also.
If separating that, it will be easy to move the corresponding tests
into Tempest.

Thanks
Ken Ohmichi

---