[OpenStack-DefCore] Interop - Guideline Rename Workstream

Egle Sigler ushnishtha at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 8 01:54:54 UTC 2016

I like that as well!

On Dec 7, 2016, at 3:01 PM, Catherine Cuong Diep <cdiep at us.ibm.com<mailto:cdiep at us.ibm.com>> wrote:

++ on using "OpenStack Powered (TM) Guidelines".  The name clearly articulates the goal and the originator of the guidelines.

Catherine Diep
----- Forwarded by Catherine Cuong Diep/San Jose/IBM on 12/07/2016 12:07 PM -----

From: Mark Voelker <mvoelker at vmware.com<mailto:mvoelker at vmware.com>>
To: Egle Sigler <ushnishtha at hotmail.com<mailto:ushnishtha at hotmail.com>>
Cc: "defcore-committee at lists.openstack.org<mailto:defcore-committee at lists.openstack.org>" <defcore-committee at lists.openstack.org<mailto:defcore-committee at lists.openstack.org>>
Date: 12/07/2016 06:45 AM
Subject: Re: [OpenStack-DefCore] Interop - Guideline Rename Workstream

> On Dec 6, 2016, at 6:02 PM, Egle Sigler <ushnishtha at hotmail.com<mailto:ushnishtha at hotmail.com>> wrote:
>
> Hello Luz,
>
> Thank you for working on this! I think "OpenStack Interoperability Guidelines"

Likewise.  I also like the idea of providing a UI hint (a label, bold text, something) to make these a bit more distinct in the interface.

> or just "Interoperability Guidelines" would work, but I am also interested to hear what others think.

Another thought: the Guidelines the Interop WG produces ultimately determine a product's eligibility for the OpenStack Powered (TM) programs.  We could refer to them as "OpenStack Powered (TM) Guidelines" which would help folks be clear on the relationship between the two.

At Your Service,

Mark T. Voelker