[OpenStack-DefCore] Suggestion for Meeting with DefCore on Process

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Mon Mar 30 09:17:14 UTC 2015

Rob Hirschfeld wrote:
> On 03/26/2015 05:55 AM, Thierry Carrez wrote:
>> To come back to the Defcore process, as I mentioned to you earlier it
>> is still unclear where the "TC-approved release" (that the bylaws
>> mandate the TC defines) is used in the Defcore process. Is it at the
>> D3.2 level ? If yes, I would suggest you reuse the bylaws terminology
>> there to avoid confusion...
> Would you mind submitting a patch to D3.2 with the better terminology?
> I suspect you have something specific in mind.

After re-reading, I think the wording used in D3.2 is correct (there you
mean "applies to the release version", not "applies to the 'TC-approved
release' collection of projects").

I am still unclear as to where in the process the "TC-approved release"
list of projects ends up being used. The new bylaws mandate:

<< the Trademark Designated OpenStack Software must be a subset of the
OpenStack TC Approved Release as it exists on the date of the
determination of the Trademark Designated OpenStack Software >>

Should we add a D3.3 that says that designated sections can only apply
to projects in the TC-approved release set of projects ? Or are you
using that master list of projects at an earlier stage in the process
(for example, to determine capabilities) ?

Regards,

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)