[OpenStack-DefCore] COMMERCIAL:Re: How to Deal With Overlapping Capabilities

Adrian Otto adrian.otto at rackspace.com
Thu Mar 26 20:30:42 UTC 2015

Rob,

I’m a little foggy on how we actually test capabilities. The tests for capabilities would need to be standard, right? I think that we are using the Refstack tests for this. Does that mean that someone has a cloud that has a previous version of service XYZ that exhibits all the required capabilities, but they would need to run a nonstandard test to demonstrate it, right? How would that work? Do we just trust participants to create and run their own tests, and just publish results with links to what they used? Would we allow patches to tools like Tempest to allow interoperability with the variants?

Thanks,

Adrian