[OpenStack-DefCore] Cleaning Up The Wiki

Mark Voelker mvoelker at vmware.com
Fri Apr 24 19:16:09 UTC 2015

Hello DefCore,

At last week’s DefCore meeting [1] I took an AI to go through the DefCore wiki page [2] and make a first pass at cleaning it up now that we’ve successfully moved a bunch of content into Gerrit.  I’ve made some edits to update links, add meeting info, and a few cosmetic fixes.  One of the remaining tasks is to clean up the Participants section.  Currently there are (quite outdated) lists of committee members from the board and outside the board, subcommittees (are these even still active?) and former members.  Editing public lists that include people’s names can be a touchy subject, so I thought I’d suggest changes here on the list to solicit some feedback before I go change things on the web.  I think a good start would be to:

1.)  Remove the subcommittee and former/inactive participant lists.  I’m not sure these are really useful/relevant any longer.
2.)  Merge the participant and board member lists into a single list of current participants (and designate co-chairs board members with a callout).
3.)  Add links beside each name to the person in question’s community bio [3] (which may contain useful contact info such as IRC nics and social media handles).

The tricky bit here is that AFAIK, there is no actual criteria for “committee membership” but we still want people reading the page to know who they can reach out to if they’re interested in DefCore.  Since we have no formal membership criteria, compiling a list of names is somewhat arbitrary.  We have a couple of options here: we could include just the DefCore chairs (which is easy to keep up to date and the only folks who have a “formal” longstanding role and helps onlookers get in touch with the committee), or we can change the list to reflect who is regularly participating today and try to keep it current.  I’ll take a stab at compiling a list here for the sake of discussion based on names I see showing up on meeting etherpads, gerrit reviews, F2F roll calls, etc over the past several months with some degree of regularity.  Please don’t feel slighted if I’ve missed a name or included one that shouldn’t be here—this is a bit arbitrary and should be considered a first pass.  =)

Current Participants
* Rob Hirschfeld (board member, co-chair)
* Egle Sigler (board member, co-chair)
* Will Auld
* Carol Barrett
* Vince Brunssen
* Russell Bryant
* Kevin Carter
* Catherine Diep
* Rocky Grober
* Chris Hoge
* Chris Lee
* Van Lindberg (board member)
* Jim Meyer
* Adrian Otto
* Sean Roberts
* Shamail Tahir
* Mark Voelker

Do we want to try to keep a participant roster on the wiki?  If so, does this list look correct?

[1] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/DefCoreScale.13
[2] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Governance/DefCoreCommittee
[3] For example, mine is: https://www.openstack.org/community/members/profile/54

At Your Service,