[OpenStack-DefCore] Update for 12/2 Board Meeting & Swift Designated Sections, Icehouse/Juno Capabilities

Rob Hirschfeld rob at zehicle.com
Mon Nov 24 04:40:24 UTC 2014

DefCore Committee,

Since much of our work has been on hold waiting for Board approval,
there has been no reason to call a meeting.  I am optimistic that we
will be able to complete the designated sections principles and other
items that have been on the Board agenda since OSCON.

John Dickinson and I have proposed a set of designated sections for
Swift that complete the list for board approval.  Please review them:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/136677/2

If you know someone who has an opinion about these sections, please
invite them to review also!

Just because the committee has not met does not mean we have been
inactive!  Catherine Dielp (IBM) abd Julia Shapovalova (Mirantis) have
been working on the Icehouse and Juno capabilities.  Reviews are
encouraged:
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:stackforge/refstack,n,z

I'm excited for DefCore to enter a new phase in 2015 with the process
defined so that we can focus on execution against Icehouse and Juno.

--

Rob

I am in CENTRAL (-6) time
http://robhirschfeld.com