[OpenStack-DefCore] Please review, results from Designated Sections review w/ recommendations. +1s needed

Rob_Hirschfeld at Dell.com Rob_Hirschfeld at Dell.com
Thu Aug 14 20:54:38 UTC 2014

DefCore,

We had a small turn out and very good discussions that were able to produce clear guidance for Designated Sections (see below).  We also reviewed the Havana capabilities from the board meeting and the 10 designated sections principles approved by email.  Finally, we setup a calendar for community review leading up to the September Board meeting

Here are the recommendations:

*         Havana Nova is by default designated except scheduler, filter, drivers, API extensions and networking.

*         Havana Swift has no designated code due to lack of consensus (see principles)

*         Havana Keystone is not designated.

*         Havana Glance designated sections are the API implementation code and domain model.

*         Havana Cinder designated sections are the API implementation code

*         Havana Neutron has no designated sections.

*         Havana Heat is not a core capability, no position at this time.

*         Havana Horizon is not a core capability, no position at this time.

*         other projects do not are not core capabilities and are not reviewed at this time.

Please contribute to a discussion or +1

Rob
Rob Hirschfeld
Sr. Distinguished Cloud Solution Architect
Dell | Cloud Edge, Data Center Solutions
cell +1 512 909-7219 blog robhirschfeld.com, twitter @zehicle
Please note, I am based in the CENTRAL (-6) time zone