[Women-of-openstack] Meetings - IRC?

Amy Marrich amy at demarco.com
Mon Oct 9 22:50:03 UTC 2017

Hi everyone,

At the last meeting we discussed moving the meetings to IRC to be more in
line with all the other OpenStack groups and keeping with the 4 opens which
having logs of the meetings available is a part of. We also discussed still
holding the phone/webex meetings when we had presenters for the visual
aspects.

I wanted to see what the group's thoughts were on this change. I know we
had some challenges a few years ago and that's why we went to the phone
calls. We're willing to help folks get up and running on IRC if that's all
that's stopping someone from participating.

We hope this change would increase participation and depending on feedback
we might also look at changing the day or time of the meeting. There was
some feedback from those on the West Coast that with the next time change
the meetings would be during lunch.

Thanks,

Amy (spotz)