[Women-of-openstack] Encouraging more women to take the COA

Anne Bertucio anne at openstack.org
Wed Mar 29 19:22:28 UTC 2017

Hi all,

Anne Bertucio from the OpenStack Foundation’s COA program here. The Certified OpenStack Administrator program has been growing since its kickoff last April, but the percentage of women taking the exam is below the typical numbers for WOO representation. I want to encourage you all to consider the exam; I would love to see the number better reflect the strong presence of WOO. We’re seeing an increasing number of companies ask for COAs, and opportunities for COAs continues to grow.

If you’re headed to the Boston Summit, you can take the COA onsite, save $50 off the typical exam fee, and be a Certified OpenStack Administrator by the time you leave Boston! You do need to pre-reg; no walkup or onsite registration is available: https://www.openstack.org/summit/boston-2017/coa-in-boston <https://www.openstack.org/summit/boston-2017/coa-in-boston>

If you want to learn more first, swing by a Summit talk about the COA by WOO’s own Amy Marrich and Holly Bazemore: https://www.openstack.org/summit/boston-2017/summit-schedule/global-search?t=COA <https://www.openstack.org/summit/boston-2017/summit-schedule/global-search?t=COA>

Drop me a line at anytime if you have questions, comments, or suggestions on how we can better bring the COA to WOO.

Best,
Anne Bertucio
Marketing Coordinator, OpenStack Foundation
anne at openstack.org | 206-992-7961