[Women-of-openstack] Suggestion for Contribution

Ildiko Vancsa ildiko.vancsa at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 18:02:55 UTC 2017

Hi Aqsa,

First of all a warm welcome from me too we are happy to have you on board! :)

I’m glad you reached out for guidance on getting more involved in the community and being more strategic. As Amy pointed out bug fixing is a really important activity and while finding a more complex task for you to work on please don’t quit doing that.

I’m working for the OpenStack Foundation where one of my focus areas is Telecom/NFV, I’m also involved in the OPNFV Community. I would be happy to help you find an interesting project and/or task to work on in a more focused way. I’m in Central European Time time zone, which should make it easier for us to communicate.

In order to find the best fit, I would like to better understand what your areas of interest are within NFV. Would you be available to have a short chat about it? You can find me on IRC as ildikov, feel free to ping me any time that works for you.

I also hope for the best for the travel support program! In addition to the main events there are several smaller OpenStack events around Europe and around the globe called OpenStack Days [1]. Are you planning to attend any of those?

Thanks and Best Regards,
Ildikó

[1] https://www.openstack.org/community/events/openstackdays#tab=events_tab