[Women-of-openstack] Suggestion for Contribution

Aqsa Malik aqsamm at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 10:49:54 UTC 2017

Hi Amy,

Thanks for your email. I am most comfortable with working in python. I have
been contributing in Tacker by solving bugs but I feel it is better to have
more stable contribution rather than jumping from one bug to another in
various projects.
Writing unit tests feels like the best option as per my interests.

As for the mentoring program unfortunately I can't apply in it as I have a
full time position at NEC Europe. I have applied for the travel support
program for the Summit if I can make it.
I can start with writing unit tests in Tacker, but I will appreciate to
know any OPNFV projects which are looking for dedicated people for this
task.

Aqsa

On Sun, Mar 19, 2017 at 3:58 PM, Amy Marrich <amy at demarco.com> wrote:

> Aqsa,
>
> Welcome!!! I'm sure most groups would be open to help with their unit
> tests, is there an area that interests you? What coding language do you
> like?
>
> As far as mentoring there is the Women of OpenStack mentoring program
> which I believe is taking applications again or will be shortly. If you're
> going to Summit there will be a Speed Mentoring session as well.
>
> Most groups will answer questions on their IRC channel and help you, I
> know my main project is great for that. There will also be Project
> On-Boarding rooms for many projects at Summit, there are more groups
> interested then rooms unfortunately.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Amy
>
> On Sun, Mar 19, 2017 at 7:50 AM, Aqsa Malik <aqsamm at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I would like to contribute to any OpenStack or OPNFV project by writing
>> the unit tests, can anyone suggest which project will be suitable as a
>> starter? I have a background in NFV related areas.
>> Another question is whether is it possible to get any mentor to work with
>> if you are not part of outreachy or any such platform, just for guidance
>> and help from time to time?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> --
>> Aqsa Malik