[Women-of-openstack] [Women-of-OpenStack]

Barrett, Carol L carol.l.barrett at intel.com
Thu Sep 8 15:21:15 UTC 2016

+1 Good catch!

From: Amy Marrich [mailto:Amy.Marrich at rackspace.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 08, 2016 8:11 AM
To: Megan Rossetti <rossetti.megan18 at gmail.com>; women-of-openstack at lists.openstack.org
Subject: Re: [Women-of-openstack] [Women-of-OpenStack]

I +1 the idea as well and with the changes we've discussed for the meetings it might help us grow as well.

Amy

From: Megan Rossetti <rossetti.megan18 at gmail.com<mailto:rossetti.megan18 at gmail.com>>
Date: Thursday, September 8, 2016 at 9:00 AM
To: "women-of-openstack at lists.openstack.org<mailto:women-of-openstack at lists.openstack.org>" <women-of-openstack at lists.openstack.org<mailto:women-of-openstack at lists.openstack.org>>
Subject: [Women-of-openstack] [Women-of-OpenStack]

Hi team,

In Austin, a sub-group was formed to help define a process for AUC (Active User Contributor) recognition.  This working group was created to assist the User Committee<https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Governance/Foundation/UserCommittee> (UC) define its constituency in a manner similar to how the Technical Committee<https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Governance/Foundation/TechnicalCommittee> (TC) has defined the designation of Active Technical Contributors<http://governance.openstack.org/reference/charter.html#voters-for-tc-seats-atc> (ATC)/Active Project Contributors<http://governance.openstack.org/reference/charter.html#voters-for-ptl-seats-apc> (APC) and participants eligible to participate in the electoral process for Project Team Leads<http://governance.openstack.org/reference/charter.html#project-team-leads> (PTL) and Technical Committee members. The User Committee formally started conversations to recognize contributions inside the OpenStack community that are out of scope for the ATC designation. The scope for this new designation is currently being refined but the intent is to recognize OpenStack community contributors (such as operators) that are not committing code to an OpenStack TC sanctioned project<https://governance.openstack.org/reference/projects/>. OpenStack community contributions such as code contributions to repositories under User Committee governance (e.g. OSOps<https://github.com/osops>, ops-tags<https://github.com/openstack/ops-tags-team>, etc.), active participation in any User Committee working group (e.g. API-WG<https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/API_Working_Group>, Enterprise-WG<https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Enterprise_Working_Group>, Product-WG<https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/ProductTeam>, etc.), moderating sessions at OpenStack Ops-meetups<https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Operations/Meetups>, organizing OpenStack user group meet-ups<https://groups.openstack.org/> across the world, and many other forms of contributions are currently being considered for inclusion in the formal definition of the User Committee constituency

During the Mid-Cycle Operators meeting in NYC, we discussed adding the Women of OpenStack to the list of recognized groups.  To recognize individuals for AUC status, we would need to track active participation after each meeting, we are currently developing a form for that purpose.

I would like to know what the team thinks about this endeavor, and if they are interested in AUC recognition.

Thank you.

 - Megan Rossetti