[Women-of-openstack] [Women-of-OpenStack]

Emily K Hugenbruch ekhugenbruch at us.ibm.com
Thu Sep 8 14:04:12 UTC 2016

+1 I think this is a great idea!
Sincerely,
Emily Kate Hugenbruch
OpenStack Cloud Enablement Engineer - z/VM and Software Engineer - z/VM
IBM Corporation Endicott, NY
Twitter: @ekhugen
IRC: ekhugen at freenode

From:	Megan Rossetti <rossetti.megan18 at gmail.com>
To:	"women-of-openstack at lists.openstack.org"
            <women-of-openstack at lists.openstack.org>
Date:	09/08/2016 10:01 AM
Subject:	[Women-of-openstack] [Women-of-OpenStack]

Hi team,

In Austin, a sub-group was formed to help define a process for AUC (Active
User Contributor) recognition.  This working group was created to assist
the User Committee (UC) define its constituency in a manner similar to how
the Technical Committee (TC) has defined the designation of Active
Technical Contributors (ATC)/Active Project Contributors (APC) and
participants eligible to participate in the electoral process for Project
Team Leads (PTL) and Technical Committee members. The User Committee
formally started conversations to recognize contributions inside the
OpenStack community that are out of scope for the ATC designation. The
scope for this new designation is currently being refined but the intent is
to recognize OpenStack community contributors (such as operators) that are
not committing code to an OpenStack TC sanctioned project. OpenStack
community contributions such as code contributions to repositories under
User Committee governance (e.g. OSOps, ops-tags, etc.), active
participation in any User Committee working group (e.g. API-WG,
Enterprise-WG, Product-WG, etc.), moderating sessions at OpenStack
Ops-meetups, organizing OpenStack user group meet-ups across the world, and
many other forms of contributions are currently being considered for
inclusion in the formal definition of the User Committee constituency

During the Mid-Cycle Operators meeting in NYC, we discussed adding the
Women of OpenStack to the list of recognized groups.  To recognize
individuals for AUC status, we would need to track active participation
after each meeting, we are currently developing a form for that purpose.

I would like to know what the team thinks about this endeavor, and if they
are interested in AUC recognition.

Thank you.

Women-of-openstack mailing list
Women-of-openstack at lists.openstack.org