[Women-of-openstack] [Mentoring] First batch of mentor/mentee matches has been made

Emily K Hugenbruch ekhugenbruch at us.ibm.com
Thu Mar 31 22:03:05 UTC 2016

Hi,
I just wanted to send out a celebratory email because we've done our first
set of matches for the mentoring program.  We matched 33 mentors and
mentees (so 66 people).  Thank you so much to everyone who signed up!  We
still have more matches to make.  We also have people signed up but waiting
to make their match at our Speed Mentoring event at the Austin summit.
This has been so much more successful than we ever imagined!

Special thanks to:
Danielle Lynch and Carol Barrett for their help making matches, sending
emails and planning the program
Mike Perez, Erin Disney, and Claire Massey from the Foundation for all
their help and support and feedback on the program
Marton Kiss who helped us coordinate between the mentoring program and
Upstream University

Sincerely,
Emily Kate Hugenbruch
Software Engineer - z/VM