[Women-of-openstack] Things to do in and around Austin

Amy Marrich Amy.Marrich at rackspace.com
Mon Mar 28 21:10:26 UTC 2016

Hey all,

This is the list I said I'd put together.

Amy

Places to see - car required or maybe a tour?

Fredricksburg, TX - lots of wineries, cute Main Street and it may be peach season!

Luchenbach, TX - really just a dance hall and a shop but world famous

Gruene - Historic District in New Braunfels, home of the oldest Dance Hall

San Antonio Riverwalk

Events:

New Braunfers Crawfish Festival - 4/29-30

BBQ:

Lockhart is the heart of TX BBQ - 4 historic places, I recommend Black's

The Salt Lick - historic cash only in Driftwood, plan on a 2+ hour wait on a weekend. I like Black's better:)

Things to do:

Tours of Hill Country Wineries

Lady Bird Lake - uberable

Botanical Garden in Austin - uberable

State House - walkable

Natural Bridge Caverns - New Braunfels need car

Schlitterbahn Water Park - Open on the weekends only, New Braunfels need car

Tubing! - Several options here the Comal and Guadalupe are both in New Braunfels

And some more official things to do

http://www.buzzfeed.com/summeranne/do-or-die-austin-texas#.xkm6KWRAa

http://365thingsaustin.com/2011/05/02/25-best-things-to-do-in-austin-texas/