[Women-of-openstack] Job opportunities in OpenStack

Nithya Ruff Nithya.Ruff at sandisk.com
Wed Mar 23 17:47:26 UTC 2016

All,

Happy to share that Claire has now added the male allies workshop and panel to the agenda.  I have included the names of the people that Suzy Greenberg, Tamara Johnston and Shilla Saebi have provided for the panel.   I will also be on the panel to balance it out.  It will be moderated by Dr. Brad Mclain from NCWIT.    We will also have a workshop before this panel and want to make sure that the people on the panel will attend this workshop.  Suzy, Tamara and Shilla - please make sure your representatives on the panel attend the workshop.  It will prepare them for the panel. I will also work with Brad to see if there is any other prep call we want to do for the panel.

1. Workshop:  TITLE: Champions for Change: Engaging Male Advocates for Diversity and Inclusion

DESCRIPTION: A 2-hour lunch workshop on the research and practice of male advocacy, including why it matters and how to take action.  This spirited workshop will involve discussions, activities, resources, and key takeaways for both men and women to advocate for more inclusive environments that foster innovation in the technical environment. Led by National Center for Women and IT research scientist Dr. Brad McLain.

All - please note that men and women who register for the workshop need to RSVP.  And will get an Eventbrite receipt for this.  Please encourage men and women on your teams and in influential positions in open stack to register.  We want people who want to be a champion for change and will showcase the ally and advocate behavior.   We have capacity for 100 people and I will also send an invite to the board and the diversity taskforce.  Eventbrite to capture RSVPs for the panel.

* Workshop: https://www.openstack.org/summit/austin-2016/summit-schedule/events/9016

2. Panel:  TITLE: The Diversity of Innovation

DESCRIPTION: This 1-hour panel will focus on the links between diversity and inclusion strategies with technical innovation, talent recruiting and retention, male advocacy, and the OpenStack community. PANELISTS:  Imad Sousou - Intel, Nithya Ruff - SanDisk, Mark Muehl - Comcast, Dorian Naveh -  EMC Global Alliances.  These people were nominated by the women of open stack.

  * Panel: https://www.openstack.org/summit/austin-2016/summit-schedule/events/9015

Thank You,

Nithya A. Ruff,  Director, SanDisk Open Source Strategy Office

WIN Board Member

SanDisk Corporation

951 SanDisk Drive, Milpitas, CA 95035

T: + (408-801-7068)| M: + (510-378-3159)

Nithya.Ruff at SanDisk.com        Twitter: @nithyaruff

PLEASE NOTE: The information contained in this electronic mail message is intended only for the use of the designated recipient(s) named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this message in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender by telephone or e-mail (as shown above) immediately and destroy any and all copies of this message in your possession (whether hard copies or electronically stored copies).