[Women-of-openstack] [OpenStack] Women of OpenStack - Team meeting reminder

Jessica Murillo jessicak at us.ibm.com
Mon Jun 13 18:57:56 UTC 2016

These are the top focus areas we discussed focusing on for the Mitaka
cycle. Please join us either on the teleconference today or check back in
later on the etherpad(https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/WOS_6_13_16) to join
in the discussion.

Create WOO mission statement with clear bullet points and definition of
scope
   'Lowering/removing the barriers of entry for everybody.' With a targeted
   mission that benefits the broader group.
   Publicize the WOO mission statement (2-3 sentences)
   Owner: Courtney Ferry

Define how WOO interacts with the OpenStack Diversity Council
   Ideas discussed: Keep name the same and make sure the activities are
   open for everyone. Expand our wiki section and make sure the
   non-inclusiveness of the group is more clear
   Owner: Carol Barrett / Jessica Murillo

Need a resource page that is easy to navigate, and contains useful
information for new members
   Implementing regional WOO meet-ups and publish on WIKI
   Owner: TBD

Recruit and enable more women speakers in Barcelona
   Discussion/Ideas: Learn from a public speaking coach or sponsor a
   worksop? ex. Margaret Dawson from RedHat is a public speaking coach
   (Maria Bracho knows Margaret and will discuss our reqeust; invite
   Margaret to a future meeting to discuss how she might be able to help)
   Owner: Maria Bracho

Jessica Murillo
Vice President, Strategy
IBM Systems