[Women-of-openstack] OpenStack Summit Barcelona | Diversity Session Submission

Rutherford, Nicole K nicole.k.rutherford at intel.com
Wed Jul 27 19:38:11 UTC 2016

Team,

Wanted to let you know that Amy Marrich & I have submitted the abstract below for a session focused on diversity.  Would really appreciate your assistance during the voting process, so that we can make sure this session is accepted.  Many thanks in advance!

Inspiring the Future of OpenStack through Diversity
https://www.openstack.org/summit/barcelona-2016/vote-for-speakers/presentation/15292/?category=56
The incredible spirit of open source and a community-driven development approach has spawned one of the fastest-growing open source communities in the world, with over 54,000 members across 180 countries now contributing to the OpenStack platform in some form. While there is strength in numbers, there is also strength in diversity of viewpoints and perspectives, fundamental to guiding the future of OpenStack and ensuring its vitality. Join us for a captivating session that features TED-style talks from inspiring individuals within the OpenStack community who will share their experiences and insights, and help ease the path for others to join us on our journey. Potential speakers include individuals from EMC, Comcast, Huawei, IBM, Intel, Rackspace, SanDisk, and SUSE.

***

Cheers,

Nicole K. Huesman
Open Source Technology Center
OSS Data Center Marketing
Software and Services Group | Intel Corporation
503.807.5599

[cid:image001.png at 01D1E802.D9975FD0]