[Women-of-openstack] "Learn IT, Girl" looking for programming mentors

Tapasweni Pathak tapaswenipathak at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 04:07:09 UTC 2016

Hello,

"Learn IT, Girl" is a mentoring program born as a Google Anita Borg
outreach project in 2014 for helping girls and female learn a new
programming language while working on a project of their choice for 3
months from February to April. Last year the program had an incredible
success, with 118 pairs of mentors and mentees accepted, learning 10
different languages.

This year we have worked hard on a web platform that will allow us to
handle an even bigger number of participants. We are getting an incredible
number of mentee applications already. These are women willing to work on a
project in a new programming language, both newbies and programmers who
want to expand their knowledge. However, we will be limited by the number
of mentor applications we receive when accepting these mentees into the
program. This is why, if you  have some programming experience and a
little bit of time, we want to invite you to apply as a mentor at
www.learnitgirl.com. The time commitment can be from 3 hours a week and the
impact on both the mentee and yourself will be enormous.

Of course, if you want to learn a new language with the help of a mentor,
you are more than welcome to apply as a mentee.

Applications will be open until January 18.

If you don't have time to be a mentor, you can still join our Facebook
group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/learnitgirl/ and support mentees
through the program by helping solve specific doubts.

If you have any doubts, feel free to ask me or send an email to
learnitgirl.office at gmail.com

Regards,
Tapasweni Pathak
Email: tapaswenipathak at gmail.com