[Women-of-openstack] Women of OpenStack Flair

Alexis Lee lxsli at hpe.com
Fri Jan 8 11:12:56 UTC 2016

Anne McCormick said on Thu, Jan 07, 2016 at 10:38:45PM +0000:
> I started thinking it would be cool if the Women of OpenStack could
> have something on their badges, like a sticker, or maybe a pin or
> something (flair!) that said "Ask me about Women of OpenStack!", so
> that we could all be ambassadors and welcome newbies into the group. I
> mean, granted, being women at an OpenStack summit might imply that we
> know a thing or two about Women of OpenStack. But, it might give us
> more of an identity (like a secret handshake, but an open, welcoming,
> friendly one :).

We're not all women :)

I like the idea because it helps mark out those people who are happy to
be asked about such things from those who'd rather get on with being
attendees.

Will there be space on the badge? I remember them being fairly crowded
already, if anything I'd like people's IRC nicks to be larger. A "pin"
(badge to us British) or maybe one of those rubber bracelets would be
easier imo, also easier to take off if you want to be left alone for a
bit.

Please don't make it super pink, pink is a fine colour but let's not
follow that coding.

Alexis (lxsli)
--
Nova developer, Hewlett-Packard Limited.
Registered Office: Cain Road, Bracknell, Berkshire RG12 1HN.