[Women-of-openstack] Women of OpenStack Flair

Anne McCormick a_mccormi at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 7 22:38:45 UTC 2016

Hello Women of OpenStack community!
I was just reading an article to get inspiration for a talk proposal, and there was an interesting stat in there:
"Rapid growth of the OpenStack community means that many summit attendees are relative newcomers. At the previous two Summits, around 50-60 percent were first-time attendees."
Wow, I had no idea there were generally so many newcomers!  I started thinking it would be cool if the Women of OpenStack could have something on their badges, like a sticker, or maybe a pin or something (flair!) that said "Ask me about Women of OpenStack!", so that we could all be ambassadors and welcome newbies into the group. I mean, granted, being women at an OpenStack summit might imply that we know a thing or two about Women of OpenStack. But, it might give us more of an identity (like a secret handshake, but an open, welcoming, friendly one :).
I wanted to throw this out there and see what you thought.
Happy New Year!
- Anne McCormick