[Women-of-openstack] OpenStack mentoring efforts and Upstream Training for next OpenStack Summit

Emily K Hugenbruch ekhugenbruch at us.ibm.com
Tue Aug 2 19:12:35 UTC 2016

That's very fair, to establish it based on timing, and that would help
avoid burnout.  You're right that mentors are our most precious resource
here.
For graduation criteria, we had been thinking more along the lines of:
   Did the mentee achieve a goal that they wanted to, like getting a piece
   of code done, or getting to a new job?
   Is the mentee ready to be a mentor themselves?
But we were planning to continue the discussion tomorrow, so we'll
definitely bring up the 6 month timeframe suggestion then.

FYI, our meeting etherpad, if anyone wants to see the log of our
discussions on the topic
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/WOS_mentoring_12_3, or if you have more
suggestions for us to discuss at our Wednesday meeting.
Thanks!

Sincerely,
Emily Kate Hugenbruch
OpenStack Cloud Enablement Engineer - z/VM and Software Engineer - z/VM
IBM Corporation Endicott, NY
Twitter: @ekhugen
IRC: ekhugen at freenode