[Women-of-openstack] "Howdy, Ya'll!" - WOS working breakfast @ OpenStack Summit in Austin - thanks all!

Jessica Murillo jessicak at us.ibm.com
Wed Apr 27 17:43:01 UTC 2016

We had 13 small group discussions with a total of 118 people who joined us
yesterday morning for our Women of OpenStack working breakfast in Austin!
It was an early morning, but it was well worth it to hear from three Women
of OpenStack who have recently taken on new roles within the OpenStack
community. All our speakers shared unique points of view on how they
approached their transition that contained useful tips we can use today and
stimulated the group discussion afterwards.

None of this could have been possible without our event sponsor Comcast,
and our three Women of OpenStack lightening talk speakers:
      Kendall Nelson, OpenStack Developer
      Lana Brindley, Project Technical Lead
      Allison Randal, OpenStack Board Member

Thanks to our facilitator volunteers, the discussion notes and key focus
areas for Barcelona were recorded on etherpads that we will summarize and
post on the WOS wiki soon. The results will also be discussed at our next
Women of OpenStack Monday meeting.

Discussion Group Facilitators:

 Holly         Bazemore

 Xing          Yang

 Johanna       Koester

 Michelle      Rankin

 Anne          McCormick

 Megan         Rosetti

 Nithya        Ruff

 Emily         Hugenbruch

 Donna         Reineck

 Kathy         Cacciatore

 Vasanthi      Thirumalai

 Shillla       Saebi

 Ann           Funai

 Donna         Reineck-Wehan

For those of you who are in Austin, I hope to see you this afternoon at the
WOS afternoon sync-up scheduled 4:10-5pm Austin Convention Center Level 1,
Waller Creek Lounge (faces Cesar Chavez/Trinity Street). Drop by and say,
"Howdy, ya'll...." if you can!

Jessica Murillo
Vice President, Strategy
IBM Systems