[Women-of-openstack] Technica Inquiries on the List

Gema Gomez gema at ggomez.me
Tue Apr 5 17:58:27 UTC 2016

I totally agree with Amy.

It very much depends on how chunky your single node is compared to the
amount of resources your VMs are going to require. Decide what kind of
flavors you are going to use (i.e. how much memory, CPU and HD you will
need per VM) and then do the math to see how many of those you can fit
on your node. It all depends very much on your workload. If you are
going to have many small VMs, you'll be able to get more out of your HW
than if you have one big VM eating all the resources.

Also, simple maintenance tasks like upgrading packages/kernel will cause
a disruption to your service.

I wouldn't go to production with less than 3 nodes for a small and cozy
cloud.

Cheers,
Gema