[Women-of-openstack] Networking App for openstack summit

Claire Massey claire at openstack.org
Mon Apr 4 15:39:51 UTC 2016

I’m sending this reply on behalf of my college, Jimmy, who is not subscribed to this mailing list:

Hi All -

Wanted to quickly respond re: Summit mobile apps. OpenStack Foundation is currently in the process of launching native iOS and Android apps. They're in the queue at both respective app stores and should be rolled out within a week. Features include:

* My Calendar option - allows you to add one or more events to your calendar to set your summit schedule
* Caching - App works completely offline after installation, with the exception of features that require a login (Feedback and My Calendar)
* RSVP buttons to events
* Ability to leave feedback for Summit Presentations and Events
* List of all Design and Main Summit events, along with offsite evening events (Community Party, etc...)
* Uses OpenStackID
* Allows users to associate their EventBrite registration with their OpenStackID

These apps are opensource, though will remain private until just after Austin. This is just the first rev and we have many, many more features planned for Barcelona, including friending users, sharing schedules with other users, and creating custom team schedules for you and your friends.

Looking forward to everyones feedback after Austin.

Thank you!
Jimmy McArthur
OpenStack Foundation