[Women-of-openstack] Tokyo Summit MAP & List of Women-Specific Events

Claire Massey claire at openstack.org
Thu Oct 8 00:34:20 UTC 2015

Hello Women of OpenStack!

We look forward to seeing many of you in Tokyo at the Summit in just a few short weeks. Currently just 11% of the registered attendees are women. Yes, that means women are still way underrepresented at the Summits - but our presence is valuable and strong. We hope you’ll be an active participant at the Summit and make your voice heard.

Attached is a helpful Summit venue map that highlights the women-specific events that are planned throughout the week. We encourage you to participate in some or all of these events, take the opportunity to get to know your fellow Stackers in person and support the talks with women presenters.

View a list of all women-lead sessions HERE <https://openstacksummitoctober2015tokyo.sched.org/?s=WOO>.

First-up when you arrive in Tokyo you’ll want to kick-off the Summit by attending the Women of OpenStack Networking Happy Hour on Monday evening, October 26. This fun-filled event is a great place to meet and mingle before the week gets hectic. BIG thank you to Intel and IBM for their continued sponsorship!

Women of OpenStack Networking Event - RSVP HERE! <https://www.eventbrite.com/e/women-of-openstack-networking-event-tokyo-summit-tickets-18935864681>
Monday, October 26
4:30-7:30pm

If you haven’t already, please step-up your involvement with the Women of OpenStack group by join us on LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/groups/Women-OpenStack-WOS-4681909?gid=4681909&mostPopular=&trk=tyah&trkInfo=clickedVertical:group,idx:1-1-1,tarId:1430248860119,tas:women%20of%20openstack> and participating in the upcoming meetings. View all related items here: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Women_of_OpenStack <https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Women_of_OpenStack>.

During the Summit we’ll again host a Working Breakfast Session <http://openstacksummitoctober2015tokyo.sched.org/event/f6f1cc58fbdd8b1bc345116889274a4a#.VhV-jWDyS5I> on Wednesday morning, 7:00-9:00am, before Keynotes. More details and the meeting agenda will soon be added to the summit schedule and shared on the mailing list. Stay tuned.

See you in Tokyo!

Cheers,
Claire