[Women-of-openstack] Meeting today

Rainya Mosher rainya.mosher at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 13:49:06 UTC 2015

What was the official percentage of female attendees? At one point I heard
6%, which is lower than previous summits which, if I recall correctly, were
between 9-11%.

The picture is great!!

On Tue, Nov 3, 2015 at 5:52 AM Foley, Emma L <emma.l.foley at intel.com> wrote:

> I agree, while there was a record number of women attendees , I was
> disappointed by the low number of women technical contributors! At least
> 50% of the women I met were in non-technical roles.
>
> I did meet some great people there, but I was expecting many more female
> ATCs, when there was a big fuss about the large number of women attending.
>
> Regards,
> Emma

> Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2015 16:30:08 +0000
> From: Nithya Ruff <Nithya.Ruff at sandisk.com>
> To: "Barrett, Carol L" <carol.l.barrett at intel.com>, Amy Marrich
>         <Amy.Marrich at rackspace.com>, "
> women-of-openstack at lists.openstack.org"
>         <women-of-openstack at lists.openstack.org>
> Subject: Re: [Women-of-openstack] Meeting today
> BL2PR02MB4209D531715A9D9FBB94BD6F62C0 at BL2PR02MB420.namprd02.prod.outlook.com

> I would like to suggest an agenda item for next week's meeting .  When I
> retweeted the Women of OpenStack picture, I got a number of questions on
> how many of the women in OpenStack are developers contributing code.  They
> want role models in the community.
>  Bitergia is a company that OpenStack foundation uses to create the stats
> behind "the state of OpenStack".  Why not work with them on getting more
> information on women contributing patches to the various projects.     I
> would like to suggest we discuss this next time.
>
> Beth, Carol and Jessica - thanks again for your leadership and all the
> work that the foundation does - Claire and others to make this a thriving
> community.
>
> Thank You,
> Nithya A. Ruff,  Director, SanDisk Open Source Strategy Office
> WIN Board Member
> SanDisk Corporation
> 951 SanDisk Drive, Milpitas, CA 95035
> T: + (408-801-7068)| M: + (510-378-3159)
> Nithya.Ruff at SanDisk.com<mailto:Nithya.Ruff at SanDisk.com>        Twitter:
> @nithyaruff<https://twitter.com/nithyaruff>

Rainya F. Mosher
rainya.mosher at gmail.com
@rainyamosher | rainyamosher.com
*Not all of us can save the world. Some of us have to make it worth saving.
~RFM*