[Women-of-openstack] IRC channel followup from working breakfast.

Victoria Martínez de la Cruz victoria at redhat.com
Mon Jun 1 08:36:09 UTC 2015

Hi all,

Renaming channels is not possible in Freenode, so the easiest way would be to create a new channel. #openstack-women sounds great, I have seen the same
approach in other open source communities -- I'm thinking about GNOME women.

Now, regarding adding privacy measures to it. I don't agree that we should make it private nor kick people out because they don't agree explicitly to the
code of conduct. That puts us in a defensive position and maybe makes things harder. I'd like to keep things open because OpenStack is an open source community.
Also, I think that adding different rules would just alienate us without need.
We should open #openstack-women as it were any other channel under the #openstack- umbrella,
create a code of conduct and, if someone breaks that code of conduct, then proceed to kick/ban them out.
If you please, I could ask for some feedback from the folks in the GNOME community.

I volunteer to do so.

Thanks,

Victoria