[Women-of-openstack] IRC channel followup from working breakfast.

Gray, Susie susie.gray at hp.com
Mon Jun 1 02:11:42 UTC 2015

Hey y'all

So I pretty much found out straight away that the "rules" for channels we manage on freenode should allow us to have a private channel as it's for a "diversity type" reason.

Technically I've found a person with admin rights who is willing to help set this up. I'm happy to help with any maintenance if there is any also. I think it should also be non-logged to add to it being a "safe-space" for us to just chat.

We will also need volunteers to write up some documentation with links to websites which are appropriate to 000 baby/completely non technical folk in order to help them get set up and running. A lot of the technology us techies take for granted is very very scary to non-technical people and we need to support all our colleagues not just the techies.

Currently I was told we needed to run this past the foundation and get it okayed before going ahead. I am not aware of who to speak to or how this needs to be approached. Can the organisers help with this please?

Cheers,

-grue-