[Women-of-openstack] Command and Presence Workshop (2.5 hrs.) for Women at Tokyo, first come first served

Jessica Murillo jessicak at us.ibm.com
Thu Jul 2 13:27:47 UTC 2015

Thanks, Ruchi and Malini -- this sounds like a great workshop.

Jessica Murillo
Vice President, Strategy
IBM Systems
Mobile Phone: 512-970-8466
Office Phone: 512-286-7691
jessicak at us.ibm.com

From:	"Bhandaru, Malini K" <malini.k.bhandaru at intel.com>
To:	"women-of-openstack at lists.openstack.org"
            <women-of-openstack at lists.openstack.org>, Stefano Maffulli
            <stefano at openstack.org>, "Anne Gentle (anne at openstack.org)"
            <anne at openstack.org>
Cc:	"Bhargava, Ruchi" <ruchi.bhargava at intel.com>, "Whalen, Mauri"
            <mauri.whalen at intel.com>, Jessica Murillo/Austin/IBM at IBMUS,
            "Spence, Catherine" <catherine.spence at intel.com>, "Anne Gentle
            <annegentle at justwriteclick.com>
            (annegentle at justwriteclick.com)"
            <annegentle at justwriteclick.com>
Date:	07/02/2015 07:42 AM
Subject:	Command and Presence Workshop (2.5 hrs.) for Women at Tokyo,
            first come first served

Hello Ladies!
A while back Jessica (IBM) had written to brainstorm on what we could offer
the Women-of-OpenStack at Tokyo.
Intel has been running for some years a  “Command and Presence” Workshop
internally and graduates leave with some winning learnings.

      ·         Designed to improve confidence while presenting at
      technical review meetings (think:  design summits, technical
      committees, internal justifying work and resources meetings)
      It simulates challenging dynamics (think: cross-industry,
      cross-project priorities, and responses that seem dismissive/my-way
      or no way.
      Helps them gain visibility and respect
      ·         Developed by some brilliant women,  tested and tuned over 4
      years, with help from male allies in role playing and post-analysis

With great pleasure Intel would like to bring this to the Women of
OpenStack.
First come first served basis, Maximum: 24 people. 2.5 hours long. Monday
before the summit kicks off.  Free.
Please respond if interested with:
Name: First Last
Email:
Company:
Openstack Projects of interest:                (helps to gauge who to
invite for challenge environment)
Current Role:
Goal:   (what you would like to take away)
Preference: Monday morning or afternoon

Please reply to Ruchi Bhargava (ruchi.bhargava at intel.com) and
                            Malini Bhandaru (malini.k.bhandaru at intel.com)

Before I graduated from Command-and-Presence, still relatively new at
Intel, I would try to go to a meeting SUPER PREPARED, to anticipate every
question and be able to answer it.
There is no such thing when you are working at the edge and innovating.
Walked away with a tool –“Action Required(s) items”, tasks, ones that you
will follow up post meeting and update/circle back.
Regards
Ruchi and Malini