[User-committee] [user-committee] UC Candidacy

Ed Leafe ed at leafe.com
Fri Aug 30 19:16:44 UTC 2019

On Aug 30, 2019, at 9:36 AM, Rain Leander <rleander at redhat.com> wrote:

> Please accept this email as my self nomination to the UC seat in the August 2019 Special Elections.
>
> I am currently employed by Red Hat / IBM, serving as the Community Liaison to RDO, TripleO, and the broader OpenStack and OpenInfrastructure project umbrellas and related projects. I am absolutely passionate to advocate for communities, groups, and individuals, independent of affiliations / employment / operating system and therefore hope to better serve OpenStack as a member of the User Committee.

Hi Rain,

There has been extensive discussion among members of the UC as to whether your activities qualify you for AUC status. However, under the current definition [0], you do not qualify, and we (the election officials) cannot confirm your nomination.

If you are interested in serving on the UC, we encourage you to try to achieve your AUC status with at least one of the qualifications, and run in the next election.

[0] https://governance.openstack.org/uc/reference/charter.html#active-user-contributors-auc

-- Ed Leafe