[User-committee] UC candidacy

Jaesuk Ahn bluejay.ahn at gmail.com
Fri Aug 30 04:14:16 UTC 2019

Hi,

This is Jaesuk Ahn from OpenStack Korea User Group.
I would like announce my candidacy to serve as the User Committee.

As a strong advocate of OpenStack community, I have been involved in
OpenStack
from 2010, founded OpenStack Korea Community in 2011, and been a
coordinator of
the Korea community since then. I have devoted myself to build an open and
healthy local community, in addition, I have always been trying to be a good
arbitrator between local and global community to embrace a diversity
together.

Here are articles about various events that I have been one of main
organizers
and program chair of the events [1], [2], [3]. Please see the presentation
[4]
I did with two other community leaders on how we have built community in
Korea.

>From a technical point of view, I have been leading OpenStack dev team since
2010. I have switched companies during those years but was able to focus on
one
thing: deployment automation & lifecycle management of OpenStack.
OpenStack-Helm,
and Airship are the most recent efforts on this line of work in my career.
Here is my linkedin profile stating my work during the last 10 years [5].

I am currently leading a development team to work on
openstack-on-kubernetes in
SK Telecom. I have made an architectural decision to leverage kubernetes for
OpenStack lifecycle management in 2016, that this decision eventually led
us to
collaborate with AT&T team. As a result of community collaboration with
AT&T,
I am happy to see both OpenStack-Helm project and Airship project active in
the community.

if I am chosen by the community, I am fully committed to hear various
voices
from many community members, especially from community members who has
difficulties in language and time barrier. I will do my best to collaborate
with others to
make OpenStack community more diverse and active.

[1]
https://superuser.openstack.org/articles/building-new-foundations-openinfra-days-korea/
[2] https://superuser.openstack.org/articles/openstack-korea-days-2017/
[3]