[User-committee] [uc] Less than 4 days left to nominate for the UC!

Ed Leafe ed at leafe.com
Mon Aug 12 21:44:33 UTC 2019

A week has gone by since nominations opened, and we have yet to receive a single nomination! Now I’m sure everyone’s waiting until the last minute in order to make a dramatic moment, but don’t put it off for *too* long! If you missed the initial announcement [0], here’s the information you need:

Any individual member of the Foundation who is an Active User Contributor (AUC) can propose their candidacy (except the three sitting UC members elected in the previous election).

Self-nomination is common, no third party nomination is required. They do so by sending an email to the user-committee at lists.openstack.orgmailing-list, with the subject: “UC candidacy” by August 16, 05:59 UTC. The email can include a description of the candidate platform. The candidacy is then confirmed by one of the election officials, after verification of the electorate status of the candidate.

-- Ed Leafe

[0] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/user-committee/2019-August/002864.html