[User-committee] Thank you for the opportunity (UC Non-Candidacy)

Melvin Hillsman mrhillsman at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 19:49:05 UTC 2018

Hey Shamail!

Thanks for being a great help to me personally and in the community at
large. Your consistency and passion about the user community will be
missed; hope you are able to continue to participate in the community at
some capacity.

On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 12:39 PM, Edgar Magana <edgar.magana at workday.com>
wrote:

> Shamail,
>

> You have been a critical member for the successful of this team. I was so
> glad to have you around and help us to get where we are right not with the
> User Community. I am just hoping we have the opportunity to work together
> in any project.
>

> Kind Regards,
>

> Edgar
>

> On Fri, Feb 9, 2018 at 6:08 PM, Shamail Tahir <itzshamail at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Hi everyone,
>

> I wanted to let you know that I will not be running for the User Committee
> in the upcoming election since I do not feel that I will be able to give
> the amount of time necessary to be effective in the role. I sincerely want
> to thank you for giving me the opportunity to serve on the User Committee
> for the last year. I believe we made some progress but I am truly looking
> forward to what the future brings with three seats up for election this
> month!
>

> I wish all of the candidates the best of luck! There is still time to
> self-nominate if you are interested in helping our large user base with
> representation and are passionate about developing ways to foster
> engagement, collaboration, and open community!
>

> UC election page: https://governance.openstack.org/uc/reference/uc-
> election-feb2018.html
> <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__governance.openstack.org_uc_reference_uc-2Delection-2Dfeb2018.html&d=DwMFaQ&c=DS6PUFBBr_KiLo7Sjt3ljp5jaW5k2i9ijVXllEdOozc&r=G0XRJfDQsuBvqa_wpWyDAUlSpeMV4W1qfWqBfctlWwQ&m=MTpp0zL_qZ5sxxzevUvxX09QdH6EWv1XfGGQTCIHa4c&s=fvjIQnpFLOltnEwmEVSySccbcQ86LN1EBFVRqdamN04&e=>
>

> Thanks,
>
> Shamail

Kind regards,

Melvin Hillsman