[User-committee] UC Candidacy

Yih Leong, Sun. yihleong at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 18:52:45 UTC 2018

Hi,

I would like to nominate myself for the OpenStack UC election (Feb 2018).

My name is Yih Leong Sun (many know me as *Leong*). Since 2000, I had the
opportunity to develop software and infrastructure solution in distributed
and cloud environment, and to deploy production application for various
business industry including media, telco and finance in US, UK/EU and APAC
regions. I obtained PhD in Cloud Computing (Cloud orchestration) in 2013.

Over the past few years, I had the chance to work with many OpenStack
community members, actively participated and contributed in various
OpenStack working groups, user groups, summits and local events, also
collaborated with users/operators and vendors and learned many lessons from
them. My most recent activities include the establishment of OpenStack
Financial Services Team (kick-started since Sydney Summit) and the OpenLab
initiative.

I would like to seek your support for me to serve in the OpenStack User
Committee and I hope my previous experience, lesson learnt and the
relationship built from the past 18 years can be valuable to the community.
I will reach out to regional operators/users in various industry and to
understand/learn the success story, best practices and gap and to
strengthen the OpenStack capability in building an Open Cloud
infrastructure.

Thank you for your consideration.

Regards,
---