[User-committee] [publiccloud-wg][passport] Minimal offer

Tobias Rydberg tobias at citynetwork.se
Mon Oct 23 14:44:51 UTC 2017

On 2017-10-23 16:30, Jean-Daniel Bonnetot wrote:

>> On 22 Oct 2017, at 11:47, Tobias Rydberg <tobias at citynetwork.se> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Thanks Jean-Daniel for a good initiative and a good email!
>>
>> I totally agree that we need this clear reference point for this, even though I guess it won't be a "requirement" for the first release in Sydney, just since it's not enough time to get consensus in the matter.
> So what is your suggestion for Sydney? Every public cloud provider do his best without a common base?
I would really like to have a common base for everyone for Sydney,
though I believe we will have a hard time pull that through, hard enough
to get all in with the information needed. From my POV I will make sure
that we honor that reference specification, just to have that said.

With that said, I guess that will be the case, but we can for sure try
to push for the common spec. Wednesday is a good opportunity for that!
>> Regarding the reference infrastructure I think it's good to use something that is already defined. I can probably be fine with that amount of resources, even though I generally think that half of it would be enough as well to evaluate a cloud in a trial. But as I said, like the reference to a reference infrastructure...
>>
>> Earlier we haven't talked about Object Storage, not all participants offer that. Could be a part of the total storage amount any way. Also agree that we should remove all things like traffic and bandwidth from the equation.
>>
>> @Jean-Daniel - are you coming to Sydney? This is a great topic for the "Passport Forum Session".
> Yep, I'll be there. Let's discuss it in Sydney with pleasure.
Sounds good!