[User-committee] Sydney Takeaways - UC

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Tue Nov 14 16:01:46 UTC 2017

Excerpts from Saverio Proto's message of 2017-11-14 10:23:43 +0100:
> > One way would be to coordinate the schedule a bit. The next mid-cycle
> > in Tokyo is the week after the PTG in Dublin. That will make it
> > challenging for someone to attend both. We probably don't have a
> > lot of overlap, but I would expect some (especially with the LTS
> > discussion this time). Spacing the events out in time, or placing
> > them physically closer together, would make cross-over easier.
>
> Placing the events together is a great idea.
> mid-cycle + PTG will become at least 4 days then, and it makes sense
> to travel long distance. For a lot of people it does not make sense to
> cross the world for a 1 night stay.
>
> Cheers
> Saverio

The PTG is already a full 5 day week. I don't think we want to
co-locate the two events, because that would introduce even more
conflicts. The group of attendees that want to be at both is probably
small enough that just having a little more time in between, or not
having them on opposite sides of the planet within a few days, is
good enough.

Doug