[User-committee] [scientific] OpenStack research papers

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri May 19 14:38:40 UTC 2017

On 2017-05-19 07:49:19 -0600 (-0600), Nicolas Bock wrote:
[...]
> Normally journals have pretty restrictive copyright rules. Some even
> restrict the rights of the authors themselves and uploading PDFs is not an
> option in this case.
>
> All we would need is a list of DOIs and not the papers themselves, although
> unfortunately this is only really useful with open access papers since many
> journals still protect their content behind paywalls.
[...]

As a community dedicated to openness, we should probably try to help
reverse that trend by highlighting open access academic journal
efforts whenever possible:

    http://openjournal.foundation/
    http://www.budapestopenaccessinitiative.org/
    https://oaspa.org/
    https://www.opensocietyfoundations.org/
    http://www.theoj.org/
    https://www.plos.org/
    https://www.hindawi.com/
    http://www.biomedcentral.com/
    https://doaj.org/
    http://oaji.net/

I stopped at ten URLs, but in my opinion the growing trend toward
openness within academia is quite compelling and something we would
do well to support in whatever ways we can.
--
Jeremy Stanley