[User-committee] [All] Collecting Ongoing Operator Feedback

Kenny Johnston kenny at kencjohnston.com
Thu May 11 18:36:21 UTC 2017

In numerous discussion this week I heard a desire for a low-friction way
for Operators to provide feedback and start a dialog with the development
community. Suggestions seemed to range from:

   - Submit a bug to a generic "Feedback" project in launchpad
   - Revamp Ask.o.o
   - Create a "User Voice" type on a new feedback.o.o
   - Join the PWG and submit a Development Proposal
   - Attend the twice yearly forum discussions

I'd like to add one more:

   - Chat bot in #openstack-feedback that collects/stores feedback (maybe
   even notifies relevant folks)

We had good Operator/Developer interactions this week. I wanted to start
this thread to see if we can make continue that interaction with those
operators who aren't able to attend the forum. I see the lack of a
low-friction feedback and dialog mechanism as a critical pain-point.

--
Kenny Johnston | irc:kencjohnston | @kencjohnston