[User-committee] unable to create dump file for instance

Melvin Hillsman mrhillsman at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 14:50:55 UTC 2017

Hi Bala,

I do not have an environment to test my theory on but I believe the
openstack client is not setting appropriate version. Try running 'openstack
--debug server dump create vm2' and look for the request URI to see if the
version is set to 2.1 or higher. A quick glimpse at the code and the nova
client itself, I believe openstack client attempt to use API version '2.0'
as outlined in your error message is the problem. Hope this helps.

On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 7:52 AM, Balakrishnan Karuppasamy <
balakrishnan.ka at hcl.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
>    I am trying to create dump file for instance created on openstack.
>
> But unable to create a dump. Particular CLI commands throwing below error.
>

> [root at control-packstack ~(keystone_admin)]# openstack server dump create
> vm2
>
> API version '2.0' is not supported on 'novaclient.v2.servers.[class
> ServerManager(base.BootingManagerWithFind):].trigger_crash_dump' method.
>

> Can anyone help me to fix this issue.
>
> Do I need to upgrade  novaclient or openstack python client?
>
> My openstack version is Ocata and am using openstack with opendaylight
> controller.
>

> Regards,
>
> Bala
>

> ::DISCLAIMER::
> ----------------------------

> E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to be secure or error-free as
> information could be intercepted, corrupted,
> lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or may contain viruses in
> transmission. The e mail and its contents
> (with or without referred errors) shall therefore not attach any liability
> on the originator or HCL or its affiliates.
> Views or opinions, if any, presented in this email are solely those of the
> author and may not necessarily reflect the
> views or opinions of HCL or its affiliates. Any form of reproduction,
> dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification,
> distribution and / or publication of this message without the prior
> written consent of authorized representative of
> HCL is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error
> please delete it and notify the sender immediately.
> Before opening any email and/or attachments, please check them for viruses
> and other defects.

Kind regards,

Melvin Hillsman
mrhillsman at gmail.com
mobile: (832) 264-2646

Learner | Ideation | Belief | Responsibility | Command