[User-committee] [all] Get Active in Upstream Training

Ildiko Vancsa ildiko.vancsa at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 15:25:39 UTC 2017

Hi All,

As most of you know we have a continuous effort to help newcomers to join our community by organizing and holding Upstream contribution trainings before every OpenStack Summit.

The training [1][2] is a 1.5 - 2 days long hands-on course focusing on the first steps of becoming an active OpenStack contributor. We are continuously working on improving and evolving the training material putting more and more emphasis on interactions between the participants and hands-on exercises.

The training, just like everything else in OpenStack, is community effort. The people who put together the material and who come to the trainings to teach, coach and mentor the new contributors are active members of our community.

In preparation for the Boston Summit and also the upcoming PTG in Atlanta we are looking for coaches and mentors to help us making the training an even better experience for both who hold and who attend them.

If you are interested in helping us improving the training content or resources that we are using and/or helping out as a mentor on any of the upcoming trainings please reach out to me (IRC: ildikov on Freenode, mail: ildiko at openstack.org <mailto:ildiko at openstack.org>) or Kendall Nelson (IRC: diablo_rojo on Freenode, mail: knelson at openstack.org <mailto:knelson at openstack.org>) or simply reply to this mail thread and let’s meet on the upcoming PTG! :)

Please let us know if you have any questions or comments.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Ildikó

[1] http://docs.openstack.org/upstream-training/ <http://docs.openstack.org/upstream-training/>
[2] http://superuser.openstack.org/articles/openstack-upstream-training-revamp/ <http://superuser.openstack.org/articles/openstack-upstream-training-revamp/>