[User-committee] UC WG calendar item feed?

David F Flanders flanders at openstack.org
Thu Jan 12 00:50:42 UTC 2017

+1 for IRC meetings!
I feel IRC as a channel would be especially valuable for the Hackathon-WG
as the ability to ping more of the technical leaders IRC handles (SDK/API
devs) would help us further bridge the gap between AppDev and DevOps in
attending hackathons and sharing each other expertises with one another.

I myself have started to fall in love with IRC again, esp as more bots
emerge which can monitor the various openstack channels and notify me re
key words and key people are discussing.  At some point this year, I'm
hoping to encourage some kind of community activity for everyone to share
their favorite IRC tips and tricks :)

Kind Regards,

Flanders

On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 12:02 AM, Michael Jenkins <md.jenkins at icloud.com>
wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> Good suggestion. I’m thinking we’ll (Cloud AppDev) need to transition to
> IRC in 2017. Let me work through the details and I’ll incorporate the
> calendar too.
>
> BR, Michael
>
> On 10 Jan, 2017, at 24:08 , David F Flanders <flanders at openstack.org>
> wrote:
>
> ​Dear UC chairs,
>
> I'm hoping to request that the UC could put together a common calendar
> feed for when/where all the WGs meet?  Apologies if one already exists.
>
> For example see this calendar feed from the TC and all their projects:
>
>http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irc-meetings.ical
>
> Attached is an example of ^^ this iCal in my calendar, it would be great
> to have one of these for the UC as I do enjoy eavesdropping on IRC meetings.
>
> <Selection_099.png>
>>
> Humbly requested,
>
> Flanders

Flanders | OpenStack Foundation | Community Manager (Cloud Application
Communities)
http://superuser.openstack.org/articles/meet-openstack-s-community-wrangler-david-flanders