[User-committee] User Survey: Pre-launch check

Neil Jerram neil at tigera.io
Tue Jan 10 11:21:26 UTC 2017

Hi Heidi,

In the Answers for "Which OpenStack Network (Neutron) drivers are you
using?" (box E80), I think you should delete "Modular Layer 2 Plugin
(ML2)".  ML2 is an implementation option (and the strongly recommended one)
for the vendors (including me) who provide networking drivers; it is not a
meaningful choice for _users_.

For example, if I was a user who selected Plumgrid for networking, it might
be that I would also be using ML2 - if that is how the Plumgrid driver is
implemented (I haven't checked) - but it isn't an independent choice for me
as a user.

I hope that makes sense, and that other networking folk will support or
correct...

      Neil