[User-committee] [Product] User Story Trackers for OpenStack Feature Tracker Announcement

Shamail Tahir itzshamail at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 17:31:53 UTC 2017

Hi everyone,

The first version of the OpenStack Feature Tracker (formerly known as the
User Story Tracker) is essentially complete now thanks to the amazing work
done by Teresita, Viridiana and Marcela from Intel (along with help from
Jimmy and Jeremy from the OpenStack Foundation)...  We would like to
announce the availability of this tool more broadly (e.g. dev ML) but don't
want to proceed with that step until we have actual user story trackers in
place.  If you visit the Feature Tracker[1], you will notice that the
trackers currently being used just contain dummy/test data.

We believe the 'first impression' for the tool will be more powerful if
done with actual tracker data.  I know we have a few user stories, namely
the bare-metal service and rolling upgrades, that are probably ready for
tracking.  I would like to ask if the user stories owners could create
actual trackers and submit them to our repository?

[1] http://featuretracker.openstack.org

Shamail Tahir
t: @ShamailXD
tz: Eastern Time