[User-committee] AUC Requirements/WG Submission

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Feb 16 15:53:15 UTC 2017

On 2017-02-15 23:18:23 +0000 (+0000), MCCABE, JAMEY A wrote:
[...]
> C. None unless it is IRC based and then follow IRC contribution
> rules the same as for ATC
[...]

Just to clarify, there is no standard expectation that discussion in
IRC (or in mailing lists or any other venue for that matter) conveys
Active Technical Contributor (ATC) status. I personally know of one
official project team out of the dozens we have which did anything
like this (Security) and that was accomplished by their PTL running
some ad hoc statistics on meeting summaries and proposing
participants as "extra ATCs" for that team.

The only _standard_ ATC metric is being the initial uploader (Gerrit
"owner") of source code changes merged to official team deliverable
Git repositories during a qualifying period of time. And the only
exception, as a catch-all for the remaining corner cases of ATCs who
participate in other ways, is the "extra ATC" proposal process
negotiated between each PTL and the TC.

So anyway, all this is to say, I don't know what "IRC contribution
rules the same as ATC" means here.
--
Jeremy Stanley