[User-committee] AUC Requirements/WG Submission

MCCABE, JAMEY A jm6819 at att.com
Wed Feb 15 23:18:23 UTC 2017

Out of the submission of proposed Active User Contributors, we (mostly me)  started an outline of potential guidelines for determining what kind of contributions qualify to add up to an AUC recognition for an individual.  Proposed we have some ML style brainstorming/debate on this and then determine actionable steps at the next User Committee meeting on February 27.

Going in goals/guidelines:
1.  The AUC is intended to encourage those who are not in development roles (though also those who are in development roles) to participate in the more user oriented activities.
2.  We want to encourage actual community advancing contributions rather than just attendance/words at meetings.
3.  We want those who are actively contributing being the ones to elect our leaders

Alternatives:
A.	Identify contributors where there is an output that gets used.  For clarity but only example, from the user perspective:
	a.  Infrastructure around the User Input Gathering process (e.g. Personas, processes, gatherings)
	b.  User Stories and their subsequent maturation including reviews and gap analysis
	c.  Usage (installing, using and providing feedback on the documentation, training and projects)
B.	Anyone who attends a Working Group, some alternatives here:
	a.  and provides their identity
	b.  who spoke (perhaps spoke more than once or led on an actual topic).
		Not that this would have to get recorded - maybe a star next to people's names in the minutes
	c.  attends again
	d.   takes an action item or completes and reports back
C.	None unless it is IRC based and then follow IRC contribution rules the same as for ATC