[User-committee] Forum Facilitation - Pre-forum preparation

Blair Bethwaite blair.bethwaite at monash.edu
Tue Apr 18 08:04:08 UTC 2017

Hi Leong,

These all seems like great ideas to me. Having a starting point will
be useful to both old and new moderators alike. I also like the idea
of pre-minting the etherpads with standardised naming, this would
allow links to be posted to those etherpads from the Summit schedule /
session-details pages.

+1 from me!

Cheers,

On 14 April 2017 at 08:38, Sun, Yih Leong <yih.leong.sun at intel.com> wrote:
> Hi UC,
>

> As discussed earlier and proposed [1] in previous UC/Board meeting, the
> Product WG is working on next steps to facilitate the pre-forum preparation.
>

> I would like to get feedback from UC and various WG on the following:
>
> 1.       Encourage moderators/participants to use ##hashtag to highlight
> actionable items or something that need attention from a specific project
> team or working group.
>
> a.       We “pilot” this approach at Ops Midcycle at Milan. A small python
> program was used to filter all Ops Milan etherpads and here’s an example
> summary/output of the ##hashtag [2,3].
>
> b.      I will contact Infra if the python program can be integrated with
> etherpad API for easier data collection.
>
> c.       How can we communicate this with Forum session’s moderators?
>
> 2.       Provide a template etherpad for moderators
>
> a.       Referencing the Ops Midcycle etherpad template, a Boston Forum
> etherpad template is created [4], please provide feedback.
>
> b.      How should we encourage moderators to use this template?
>
> c.       Should we create a centralized “landing/index” page that list all
> the Forum session etherpad? (like what we have for Ops Midcycle Milan)
>
> d.      Should we standardize the url naming convention for the Forum
> session etherpad? (e.g.
> https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/BOS-forum-<sessionname-abc>)
>
> 3.       Document WG pre-discussion requirements into Development Proposals
> (previously known as “OpenStack User Story”)
>
> a.       Each WG can utilize the Product WG workflow [5] and document their
> requirements by proposing a “development proposal”.
>
> b.      Example of development proposals can be found here [6]
>

> [1]
> https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1jTlO4UdNjc5cOKboeCNhLDEdttazWWlDgNxxulUrPNg/edit#slide=id.g1c401aad5d_0_142
>
> [2] https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B733UR8kbomadmtsM0ZFWENXUzA
>
> [3] https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B733UR8kbomaSVhqQ3Y4NkFxTmc
>
> [4] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/BOS-forum-moderator-template
>
> [5]
> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/ProductTeam/Development_Proposals#Development_Proposal_Workflow
>
> [6]
> https://github.com/openstack/openstack-user-stories/tree/master/development-proposals/proposed
>

> Thanks!
>

> ---
>
> Yih Leong Sun, PhD (宋毅良)
>
> Senior Software Cloud Architect | Open Source Technology Center | Intel
> Corporation
>
> yih.leong.sun at intel.com | +1 503 264 0610

Blair Bethwaite
Senior HPC Consultant

Monash eResearch Centre
Monash University
Room G26, 15 Innovation Walk, Clayton Campus
Clayton VIC 3800
Australia
Mobile: 0439-545-002
Office: +61 3-9903-2800