[User-committee] User Group Communication

Tom Fifield tom at openstack.org
Fri Apr 14 04:26:24 UTC 2017

On 廿十七年四月十四日 朝 09:13, Melvin Hillsman wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> One of our primary passions as UC members is to stay connected to User
> Groups right!? I know for the Forum I took time to ping those who are
> listed as organizers for every OpenStack user group listed on meetup.com
> <http://meetup.com> and quite honestly it took awhile and I am sure I
> missed a few among the hundred or so direct messages I had to send.
>
> Do we have an updated list of User Group organizers and a way to reach
> them directly? I know we have the blog and we have ML but in my honest
> opinion and what has worked best for me is being able to reach out to
> these organizers directly and being proactive and engaging them. I would
> like to not have to go through the pain of meetup.com
> <http://meetup.com> direct messaging going forward if possible because
> something is already in place.
>
> If not, do we have something in place we can use that goes to the
> organizers directly and keeps a line of communication open between them
> and us? If the answer is no to this as well, anyone have any ideas? I
> would like to as I stated previously be able to reach out to these
> organizers worldwide directly as a UC member.

Hi Melvin,

Organisers of user groups register their details in the groups portal,
https://groups.openstack.org . The groups portal can provide a
live-updated list of their email addresses to authorised users.

The use of the community mailing list
(http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/community ) is also
encouraged.

Regards,